Eastern States ExpositionObectives:
State FFA Presidents Intern Program
1. To provide leadership opportunities for the State Presidents of the Eastern Region of the FFA
2. To provide opportunities for State Presidents to "learn by doing" those activities necessary for successful operation of The Big E FFA Program. Format:
1. To be eligible for this program the applicant must be a current FFA State President from the Eastern FFA Region.
2. Interns are selected based upon their applications, which are due by August 1.
3. Interns arrive at The Big E on Wednesday, September 11 before the fair starts and leave on Sunday, September 15.
4. The Big E will pay airfare or ground transportation and incidental expenses from the interns' home to The Big E and Return. (You will fly into Bradley International Airport in Hartford, CT).
5. The Big E will pay room and reimburse board and meal expenses while at The Big E.
6. Selected interns will be expected to commit and participate only in the internship program (no other CDE's) during FFA days at The Big E. Duties and Responsibilities:
A brief synopsis of activities include, but are not limited to, attend a short briefing session upon arrival, serve as public relations specialist for the FFA to news media, attend the Superintendent's Dinner; assist with the public speaking career development events; prepare the career development event superintendents notebooks; attend the coaches meeting; visit the career development events in progress; prepare the biographical information on the four Stars for the Star Ceremony; attach US and State flags to flagstaffs, process winners and decide on the awards procedures, attend a short debriefing on Sunday morning. Interns will arrive no later than 6 p.m. on Wed before The Big E opens. They should bring work clothes to wear on Thursday. Interns will be housed at the Sheraton Springfield with transportation provided. Eligibility:
A state President in the Eastern FFA Region serving their term of office on or after August 1 and who is not participating in any other CDE during FFA weekend.
Please fly into Bradley International Airport in Hartford, CT.
Transportation, food and hotel room will be supplied by Eastern States Exposition for the interns. Receipts will be necessary for out of pocket expenses during travel and while at The Big E.
If you become an intern, the minimum time you must be available is from 8 a.m. Thursday to Sunday after breakfast.
If you are interested in being a candidate, please complete the information requested above and present a brief statement on "Why I should be selected as The Big E State FFA President Intern."
Should you have questions contact: (860) 377-8290 or via email email@example.com.
If mailing hard copy, send material no later than August 1 to:
Mr. Milton S Natusch
FFA Program Coordinator
Eastern States Exposition
1305 Memorial Ave
West Springfield, MA 01089
Fax: (413) 205-5104